Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 4, 2009

Back to Work/ Chad's 1st Day of School

Today was kind of a sad day for me. It was Chad's first day of his Mother's Day Out program at a local church and my first night back to work.

Last week, Chad saw his classroom and some of his other classmates and thought is was great. He played with all the toys and even colored on the paper-covered table. This morning he wasn't as thrilled about "having fun" in a new place without Mommy and Daddy. We walked him down to his room, hung his little Wall-E backpack and lunchbox on the hook and tried to make our goodbye brief. Luckily, we got out of there before I'm sure he started crying. Of course, I went home to a much quieter house and shed a few tears myself. I've been looking forward to him starting this class but I didn't realize just how much I would miss having him around. I'm sure it will get easier as the weeks progress. Plus, he only goes on Fridays from 9:15am-1pm. When I picked him up today, he was asleep with his paci and blanket in one of his teacher's arms although he woke up once we got in the car and never took another nap. I didn't get a whole lot of info from the teachers (or could rely on what Chad said) about how he was but he must have had a little fun because he colored and put stickers on a coloring page. We were all so proud of his work that we hung it on the refrigerator right away!!

Now...for my first day (or night) back at work. Well, I'm actually at work now and it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm not sure why I was so anxious to be back because I love caring for all the new mommies and babies; most all of my friends are my co-workers, and I only work two nights a week. At least I got my tears out earlier in the day so by the time I actually left for the hospital, I was fine. I haven't received any frantic calls yet from John (who's alone with the two kiddos practically for the first time) so I hope all is well. Will keep you updated....

1 comments:

Gehring Family Website said...

It will get better, don't worry. I am sure it was a tough day for you with everything going on. Chad is going to do great and I am sure he had some fun. You will get to look forward to all the new things he will bring home for you guys. Hope you have a better weekend next week. Love you!