Friday, October 24, 2008

Decorating Chad's Pumpkin

Chad had fun picking out the facial pieces to decorate his pumpkin this week. I first tried to let him put the stickers on himself but when he put the mouth where the eyes go and the nose on the floor, I decided it would be best if I let him pick which eyes, nose, mouth, etc.. to use, arranged them where they needed to go, and then let him push the stickers in place. He was so excited about the stickers that we ended up decorating more than just his pumpkin with them and he even said the word "sticker" (although he hasn't repeated it since). We plan on carving our other larger pumpkins this weekend....we'll see how that goes.


Chad learns to eat with a spoon

Chad is learning to do new stuff all by himself everyday. Although he's a bit messy still, at least the contents on the spoon make it to his mouth about 75% of the time. Ollie sits next to the highchair at every meal just waiting to catch the other 25% that falls on the floor. At least I don't have to sweep or mop near as often...hehe!







Little Boy's Bestfriend

Chad and Ollie are really becoming great buddies. Chad loves to chase him around the house, play fetch with him, and always wants to give the doggie hugs and kisses. And Oliver is a great dog...he pretty much lets Chad do whatever he wants to.

I had to add a few pictures of Chad riding his Little People school bus. He has finally figured out how to make himself go forwards on it, although he still prefers to make it go backwards and run into everything in his path.



Costume Party 2008

Last Friday John and I went to our friend, Courtney's, 3rd Annual Halloween Party. Chad stayed home with his grandparents while we were able to enjoy a night out as Howie Mandel and one of the suitcase models. We had a lot of fun although staying up late isn't nearly as easy now that we have to get up earlier and try to entertain a 16 month old all day. But all in all, we had a good time!!! (it's too bad we didn't actually win the million dollars in the case)


Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pumpkin Patch with the Family

My parents; Josh, Mandy, Jacob, and Avrey; and us all went to a church in Fishers to let the kiddos pick out a few more pumpkins. It's not really a pumpkin patch per se, just a fenced off area in front of the building with rows of pumpkins...which was great. The kids were all so cute but of course it's next to impossible to get a good picture of all three of them.

Jacob's pick: the albino pumpkin???


A Day at the Beach....I mean Pumpkin Patch!

Last weekend a lot of us girls from work and our kids got together at Waterman's Farm and Pumpkin Patch. Had we known this particular day in October would have been about 90 degrees when we planned this event about a month ago, we may have decided to meet at the pool. But despite the heat, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Chad had fun climbing in the haystacks, playing with the "play" bulldozers and dumptrucks in the sandpit, and walking through the pumpkin patch.


Bulldozin' takes a lot of concentration


For a job well done!


"This way to the pumpkin patch"

Kayleigh must be telling the little ones something important!

A sea of pink....and one red

Monyae and Makayah maybe showing Chad how to pet the cow? Chad's learning at a young age to listen to women because more than likely they'll always be right. Hehe!

Future Painter???

We recently painted our kitchen, so of course being the helpful little boy that he is, Chad wanted to participate. Although we painted and put away all the supplies when Chad was sleeping, he still managed to find the two things that were out...a stepstool and a small paintbrush. He had a blast "pretending" to paint with a clean paintbrush.



So Many Expressions...

Priceless Smile :)

Peek-a-boo, I see you

He's all set...stick in one hand, cup in the other

Two sticks...even better!!