Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Job Perks

Last night instead of working on my normal unit of Post Partum, I had to float to Labor & Delivery to help with recoveries. After my work was done there, I was talking to some of the nurses and asked when is the earliest I could hear the baby's heartbeat. Since you can't hear the heartbeat until about 12 weeks, one of the nurses said let's just do an ultrasound. How exciting!! Although the baby (embryo) was super tiny, the nurse said she could see the heart beating (it was hard for me to tell because I was lying down and the screen was kinda far away). Since I won't see the doctor until I'm about 10 weeks along, it was nice to get confirmation a little earlier (just in case the feeling of being totally exhausted and nauseous wasn't proof enough). Unlike other jobs, we may not get free sporting event tickets or elaborate holiday parties, but at least we have access to the ultrasound machine...yeah!!

0 comments: