Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

Writing on the Wall

Today while I was taking a shower, Chad was playing in his gated playroom upstairs. Normally, once I turn off the water from the shower I can hear him whining or calling out "MaMaMa." This morning, however, as I was getting dried off I realized it's awfully quiet. Either he actually kept himself occupied for the whole time or he's gotten into something. I should have known. When I went into the room, Chad and Elmo were sitting next to the white closet doors and Chad immediately put down the crayon and buried his head in his blankie, like he knew he did something wrong. He evidently is either tall enough or climbed onto something in order to be able to reach into a dresser drawer where we keep the coloring books and crayons. There were black, teal blue, and brown markings (couldn't he have at least picked pink or yellow) all down the closet doors, along the wood trim, the baby gate in the doorway, and of course the white walls. All I said was something like Chad, crayons are for coloring books not walls and doors, and big tears came rolling down his face. I took his reaction as an apology. Oh well. I was able to get the marks of the closet just not the wall or gate.
Partners in crime
"I'm sorry, so sorry!"

0 comments: